Monday, March 14, 2011

And it is only Monday

Sweet Baby is experiencing many firsts lately... first steps while holding onto someone's hands (last night she walked all the way down the hallway holding her daddy's hands, panting her "I'm so excited" pant), first wave (this afternoon she waved bye to her brother when he left the room for a shower), and tonight her first fit over not getting what she wanted!

I wanted to go to Target for nothing in particular, just to go. I picked up some clothes for all of the kids, bath toys for the Sweet Baby, and a tutu swimsuit because that is just too cute. So I walk past a display of stuffed animals that dance and sing when you push their hand. One push and she was sold, she stared at that thing like it was her new best friend. I let her listen one more time just because I'm a good mom like that then put it down to move on. Oh the screams. Oh the glares. Oh the kicks and squirms. You would have thought I had taken away her banana! So like any good first time mom, I picked it back up and took it with us for a few isles. i shamefully pushed the hand while looking at scrap booking supplies, toothpaste, pj's, and then again while browsing bath toys. I distracted her with bibs, balls, spinners, and tutus. Only the pacifier clip's ribbon could stop this fit, and even then it was touch and go. She held on until the car, but when we were buckled in, she let loose. And continued to do so until we hit the driveway. It must not have been too bad though, not a tear was on her face. The little stink.

Oh, she's getting better at crawling too, she can now drag herself a pretty far distance if there is something she wants badly enough. Just doesn't get the whole getting up on her knee thing yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment